Monday, November 10, 2014

Hobgoblins

Aha! Consulting WFB third edition - the bible of the Oldhammer community - sheds more light on the history of the hobgoblins. 

As I already mentioned, I am not a miniature gamer, but third edition WFB is a fantastic book. Even if you are not into lead, try to get a copy. There is so much to look at! The variety and quality of the illustrations is mind boggling. 



I might be wrong, but I think third edition WFB came out one year after WFRPG. If I am correct Third is actually the first time their mongol like background is introduced. Maybe there were earlier sources I am not aware of. If yes, please let me know.

Finally! The great Hobgobla Khan is reigning over the nomadic hobgoblin tribes in the steppe. Hobgoblins become the great wolf-back archers they are feared for. Well, some get enslaved by chaos dwarfs. They definitely lost their yellow brown skin color too.


The oriental looking hobgoblin is actually is a Tony Ackland illustration. Nice!

I love the idea of rocket hobgoblin troops from Cathay. If I recall correctly I had some miniatures back then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment